The Region Building Trieste

Supply of steel EI60

The Region Building is one of the big palaces situated in the main square in Trieste, the Piazza Unità d’Italia. It was constructed between 1880 and 1883 by the Viennese architect Heinrich von Ferstel as the permanent location of the “Austro-Hungarian Lloyd” shipping company, founded in 1836, which since 1922 has taken the name of “Lloyd Triestino”.

After the construction in 1986 of the new corporate headquarters of Lloyd Triestino in the area of the former Sant’Andrea Machine Factory, the building was sold to the Regional Administration and from 1991 is the seat of the regional Executive.